Friday, October 8, 2010

Golden Day on Lake Superior

After lunch I packed up my reading and laptop and headed for Duluth's lakewalk.  I set up camp there for three hours of quality work at a park bench overlooking the rocky shore. Lake Superior was dead calm and it was too warm to work in the sun.  Remarkable for October in Duluth.  I made good progress on a proposal for a 20 ft open boat I have called the Overture.  It will be a prototype of the construction methods I hope to do our 30 to 50 ft boats with.  It will be a little heavy at 20 ft compared to a similar Lund or Princecraft.  However it will be stout enough for up to 115 hp.  The  image here is about 1/4 done.  A couple of lines are visible to define a deck.  Then seats and tanks.  Finally hatches and hardware. LOA 20' (6.1m) with 92" (2.34m) beam, but subject to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment