Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Brain Freeze

My head is starting to ache but in a good way -- for the most part.  You know the feeling when you dive into that bowl of ice cream?  And then the brainfreeze wells up and all you can do is press your palm on you forehead and wait for the pain to subside?

I have been having a lot of fun putting together the pieces of my dream I have had for so many years.  But today I have responded to lots of emails with potential suppliers for aluminum and plywood cutting, and stepped up the document outlining the business plan.  For a long while I have known about software like Business Plan Pro and have seen a variety of plan writing services for a lot of $$.  After working with local small business assistance organizations (UMD CED, Northeast Entrepreneur Fund) and talking to lots of people (fun stuff) I have begun to reconsider a packaged product to help me.  The site for Business Plan Pro was easy to find but I was not ready for all of the information and material packed into it and the affiliated sites and so for the last 4 hours it has been a planfest, and that is why my head aches.  But it has been good because I discovered that I seem to be doing everything pretty close to the way experts are coaching the thing.  For example, somewhere a long while back I picked up the concept that a plan was a living thing and the written plan really could only capture an instance.  This has made it tough for me to get "a" document done.  I actually have half a dozen plans based on my product and they are all good - I think.  I just need to pick on and get on with the process.  I snagged the above image from planasyougo.com/category/2-attitude-adjustment/.  Thank you Tim Berry. I will be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment